“Holiday in the Park Lights” to Premier with Over 1-Million Twinkling Lights
AGAWAM, Mass. — November 17, 2020 — Six Flags New England—the Holiday Capital of New England, launches its all-NEW Holiday in the Park Lights for the 2020 season in accordance with the state of Massachusetts’ guidelines.Premiering weekends and select days November 27 through December, Holiday in the Park Lights will be free to all 2020 Members and Season Pass holders with discounted day-tickets available at sixflags.com/newengland.
· Holiday in the Park Lights will feature more than one million dazzling lights, beautifully adorned Christmas trees and an extraordinary technicolor synchronized light display;
· Enchanting characters, warm s’more fire-pits and state-of-the-art décor throughout the display;
· This one-way magical walk-thru will delight guests of all ages with the sights, sounds and delicious tastes of the holiday season; and
· While the property’s world-class rides and attractions will remain closed for the 2020 season, Six Flags New England is thrilled to welcome guests back to the park and warm their hearts this holiday season on this whimsical light trail that is over one mile long!
“Six Flags New England is a beloved destination for families from throughout New England. We look forward to welcoming families back to our park this November with our newly enhanced light displays. As always, the safety of our guests and team members remains our number one priority, and the new safety guidelines we have put in place are designed to create a safe environment for everyone,” said Six Flags New England, Park President Pete Carmichael. “The park has been transformed into an enchanting, winter wonderland and we are all eager to safely welcome our guests back for the holiday season.”
All event attendees will need to reserve their visit at sixflags.com/reserve to manage attendance and stagger arrival times. Other enhanced safety procedures and technologies include:
- State-of-the-art thermal imaging for temperature checks; and
- Advanced security screening technology for touchless bag checks.
The parks’ reopening plan, which the company developed in consultation with epidemiologists, meets or exceeds federal, state, and local guidelines for sanitization, hygiene, and social distancing protocols.
Health Screenings for Guests and Team Members
- Contactless IR thermal imaging will be used to screen temperatures of guests and employees prior to entry;
- Individuals will be required to acknowledge and abide by the company’s health policies, which prohibit park entry if guests have recently been exposed to or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19;
- Following CDC guidelines, all guests over the age of two and all team members will be required to wear face masks covering the nose and mouth throughout their visit/work day; and
- Masks will be available for sale at the front gate for any guest without one.
- Easy to identify distance markers will be added in all park entry, restroom, retail locations, and dining queue lines;
- Dining areas will be adjusted to allow ample space between seated parties; and
- Advanced security screenings will enable touchless bag checks.
Extensive Sanitization and Disinfecting Protocols
- Trained and dedicated cleaning teams have been put in place;
- Team members will frequently sanitize and disinfect high-touch points, including the following:
- Public Seating
- Trash cans
- Restroom staff will be assigned to disinfect each stall and sink on a frequent basis;
- Multiple hand-washing and alcohol-based hand-sanitizer stations will be located throughout the parks; and
- All team member work areas will be regularly sanitized and disinfected.
Sanitized Food Preparation and Service
- Condiments, individually wrapped cutlery, and napkins will be provided to guests with their meals as required; and
- Beverages will be served by attendants; any drink bottle refills will be served in a paper cup each time guests refill.
Commercial-Grade Cleaning Equipment and Supplies
- All employees will be issued Team Member Action Packs which will include the following items: a safety face mask, safety glasses, and disposable gloves;
- Low pressure backpack sprayers will be utilized for disinfecting large areas;
- Abundant supplies of sanitizers and disinfectants will be available; and
- Microfiber cloths will be used to sanitize surfaces.
Multi-Layered Guest and Team Member Communication
- Frontline team members will go through thorough COVID-19 training;
- Safety messaging and reminders will be displayed on Six Flags’ website, and in newsletters;
- Distance markers and physical distance indicators will be in place; and
- Informational safety signage will be posted throughout the park.
Park Reservations System to Manage Attendance
Six Flags has established attendance caps that are well below the park’s capacity in order to allow for proper social distancing. All Members, Season Pass Holders and all guests with a single-day or group ticket will need to make a reservation at www.sixflags.com/reserve. Guests who need single day tickets will be able to reserve during the purchase process. The process will take 5-7 minutes, and guests will complete the following steps:
- Enter their online order number, ticket number or Membership/Season Pass number;
- Select the day and the approximate time they want to visit;
- Acknowledge their understanding of the company’s health policy;
- Order pre-paid parking, if they do not already have a parking pass; and
- Watch a brief video describing new social distancing and sanitization procedures.
Six Flags Season Passes and Memberships are currently on sale. Members can enjoy priority park entry and tremendous discounts of up to 50% on nearly all food and merchandise all season long. Gold Plus, Platinum, Diamond, and Diamond Elite levels are available featuring all the perks of a Season Pass plus other benefits including admission to all Six Flags branded theme and waterparks, preferred parking, and points that can be redeemed for free food, merchandise, and special experiences. Visit the Membership Sales Center or go online to sixflags.com for more information and to sign up today.
About Six Flags
Six Flags Entertainment Corporation is the world’s largest regional theme park company and the largest operator of waterparks in North America, with 26 parks across the United States, Mexico and Canada. For 59 years, Six Flags has entertained millions of families with world-class coasters, themed rides, thrilling waterparks and unique attractions. For more information, visit www.sixflags.com.
About Six Flags New England
Six Flags New England the Thrill Capital of New England, is home to over 100 rides, shows, attractions and New England’s largest FREE waterpark, Hurricane Harbor. With over 200 acres, Six Flags New England boasts 13 roller coasters, a 500,000 gallon wave pool and world class shopping and dining for all ages. With a reason to visit every season, park goers will not want to miss out on New England’s largest haunt event, Fright Fest, and New England’s largest holiday event, Holiday in the Park®. Six Flags New England is the premier destination for family fun and is located in western Massachusetts.